Benson Kwong, PE, CEM, CVS, CCE, BEMP, LEED AP, PMI-RMP
University of Maryland, College Park, B.S. in Mechanical Engineer
University of California, Berkeley, M.S. in Thermal Sciences
Georgia Institute of Technology, M.S. in Electrical Engineering
University of Southern California, M.B.A.
Villanova University, Six Sigma Black Belt
Professional Engineer, Mechanical, State of Maryland
Certified Energy Manager (CEM)
Certified Value Specialist (CVS)
Certified Cost Professional (CCP)
Building Energy Modeling Professional (BEMP)
Project Management Institute – Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP)
Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design Accredited Professional (LEED AP)
- Building Design + Construction (BD+C)
- Interior Design + Construction (ID+C)
- Neighborhood Development (ND)
- Homes (H)
- Operation + Maintenance (O+M)
- “Energy Focused Value Engineering,” World Energy Engineering Congress Proceedings (WEEC), 2001.
- “Benefit-Cost Analyses of Sustainable Building Features,” WEEC Proceedings, 2002.
- “Indoor Air Quality Modeling for Building Protection from Chemical and Biological Contaminants,” WEEC, 2003
- “How to conduct Energy Savings Analysis in a Facility Value Engineering Study,” SAVE International Conference Proceedings, 2009.
- “Measuring Cost Risk of Building Projects,” which formed the basis for ASTM Standard E1946-98.
- “Energy Simulation in Facility VE Studies – A Paradigm Shift,” SAVE International Conference Proceedings, 2011.
- “Applying the Value Methodology to LEED Charrettes,” SAVE International Conference Proceedings, 2012.